Service providers who issue digital certificates, time stamps, or digital signatures can use Thales nShield HSMs as a part of an eIDAS compliant solution.
The European Union's Electronic Identification and Trust Services (eIDAS) Regulation was developed to help establish a single European market for secure electronic commerce. For organizations that handle online transactions with European citizens, the Regulation will present significant opportunities, but it will also create new requirements. Thales e-Security nShield hardware security modules play a vital role in helping to secure eIDAS-compliant solutions.
Thales hardware security modules (HSMs) provide the root of trust
Thales e-Security is a leading provider of HSMs. Thales nShield HSMs provide the root of trust for cryptographic data protection systems with a tamper-resistant environment for generating and managing encryption and signing keys, and for running sensitive code.
Thales nShield HSMs comply with eIDAS standardsnShield Solo, Solo+, Connect, and Connect+ HSMs:
- Qualified Signature Creation Device (QSigningCD), certified under the Italian OCSI scheme as Common Criteria EAL4+ (AVA_VAN.5)
- In progress for eIDAS and Common Criteria certification against EN 419 221-5, under NSCIB as Common Criteria EAL 4+ (AVA_VAN.5 and ALC_FLR.2)
- Can form the basis of an EN 419 241-2 certified remote signing system. (Please contact Thales e-Security if you need further information)
- Compliant with BSI AIS 20/31 for true and deterministic random number generation
HSMs with these certifications are compliant with the EU's eIDAS regulations* - Electronic Identity, Authentication, and Signature - designed to ensure that digital signatures, time stamps, and other transactional data comply with cross-border standards.
What does this certification mean to Thales' partners and customers?
Service providers who issue digital certificates, time stamps, or digital signatures can use nShield HSMs as a part of eIDAS compliant solutions. Customers using these solutions are compliant with these important standards.
How is Thales serving the eIDAS community? Thales is -
- Integrating Thales HSMs with key partner applications
- Helping enterprises implement solutions through comprehensive consulting services
- Playing a consultative role in developing EU trust standards
* Article 51, Transitional Measures
Thales eIDAS Community Overview
Thales proudly partners with industry leaders to deliver comprehensive and compliant solutions. See how Thales is helping partners deliver eIDAS compliant services.